Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What's a "Healthy" Bodyfat Percentage?



Hey Sam! I'm a 32-year-old guy, trying to lean out for a "big finale" pool party this coming weekend, but I don't know what bodyfat percentage I need to be. What's a healthy bodyfat percentage for a guy? I really want to be "ripped" for this event.

It sounds like you have two questions: first, what's a "healthy" bodyfat percentage and second, what's a "ripped" bodyfat percentage.

In women, a "healthy" range is anywhere from 19% to 28%.

In men, a "healthy" range is between 14% to 18%.

Now, as I said, keep in mind that healthy and being "ripped" are two seperate things. To visibly see your abs while at rest, men need to be under 10%. Women need to be under 18% to be "ripped."

I hope that helps. Have a great time at the pool party! --Sam