Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Best Joint Supplements

Hey Sam. I've noticed as I've entered my mid-to-late 30's that I've been having more problems with my joints. I'm wondering, in your opinion, what are the best supplements to help with this? --Kevin, Los Angeles

I'm not a huge supplement fan, but occasionally products make it into the marketplace which seem to help. When it comes to joint health, there are a few products which you may want to consider:

**Glucosamine

**Chondroitin

**MSM capusules

There are some other supplements which aren't as "widely known" for joint health, including alfalfa capsules, and one product called "Amino Sculpt" which contains a bevy of amino acids and also collagen which is known for joint health and connective tissue.

Other folks swear by the Ecoflow magnetized bracelets, which are worn on the wrist. Many people claim great relief with joint pain.

Again, very few of these supplements have had the rigorous, science-backed, double-blind placebo testing necessary for them to be considered widely by the medical establishment. When considering any supplement, it is vital to check with your doctor first, and also ask your doctor and pharmacist about any side effects that the supplements could cause with any medication you're currently taking.